NOTICES FOR THE WEEK (12th November 2017)
32nd Sunday: Vocation Sunday
- Main feasts of the week: Nov 14th: Children’s Day
- 15th: St. Albert the Great
- 16th: St. Margaret of Scotland; St. Gertrude
- 17th: St. Elizabeth of Hungary
- 18th: Dedication of the Basilicas of Ss. Peter and Paul
- Next Sunday is celebrated as First World Day of the Poor. Pope Francis has written, “Let us love, not with words but with deeds.” He wants the whole church to turn their gaze on this day to all those who stretch out their hands and plead for our help and solidarity. We shall discuss in Parish Council and SCC units on what we can do to help the poor in our area.
- Thanks to Sunday School children for taking part in the offertory and reading. Next Sunday: St. Thomas SCC.
- In the September issue of Living Water we have invited children to write about their favorite saints and promised cash awards for best essays. Only two students have responded. We like to honor them at 9.15 Mass: Irene Sneha Frank and Ashish Christopher Victor.
- Those who received Confirmation last week kindly come with your family book and collect the certificate.
- There will be a meeting of Catholic Doctors on 19 November at St. Joseph’s Boys High School, Museum Road at 9.30 am. Details in the Notice Board.
- This week there was an important news in the Catholic channels: Pope Francis is very much upset seeing people taking photos during Mass. Mass is not a show. It is the celebration of the Passion and resurrection of our Lord. We may restrict photographers and mobile phones inside the church during wedding Masses.
Tuesday, November 14, 2017