27th SUNDAY (07.10.18)
NOTICES FOR THE WEEK
27th SUNDAY (07.10.18)
- Main Feasts of the week: Today is the feast of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary.
- Oct 9th: SS. Denis and companions, St. John Leonardi
- 11th: St. John XXIII
- Thanks to Ladies of Charity for taking an active part in the liturgy today. Next Sunday- St. Thomas SCC will animate the liturgy.
- Little Sisters of the Poor is having a Mini Fete today at Hennur Rd.
- St. Thomas SCC is having a sale of delicious Breakfast items today. Housie from 5.00 pm to 9.00 pm at Room 5
- Next Sunday there will b a meeting of Superiors of all Religious sisters in our parish at 4.00 pm.
- Annual feast of Our Mother Thrice Admirable Queen and Victress of Schoenstatt on Thursday 18th October at 5.00 pm at the Schoenstatt shrine, Tumkur Rd.
- Feast of Our Lady of Fatima at Jalahalli next Sunday.
- On 21st October we are having a Mini Carnival in the Parking Ground. We need volunteers to help selling coupons and manage the stalls. For details see Notice Board.
- There will be two days seminar for Youth on November 10 and 11, conducted by Fr. Wilson, Ofm.Cap. Kindly register your names.
- There will be three days retreat in preparation for Christmas at Shanthi Sadhana, Mysore Rd, in December conducted by Fr. Paul P. For details see NB.
- Marriage Enrichment program at St. Patrick’s church next Sunday for couples who are married for less than 3 years- 2.30 to 5.30 pm.
- The new Parish Council will be formed by December this year. We request each SCC unit to elect their representatives during the meetings this month.
- October is the month of reciting Rosary. Pope Francis has asked all Catholics to pray the rosary daily during the month of October, asking Mary and St. Michael the Archangel to intercede for the protection of the Church in a moment of “spiritual turbulence.” Pope Francis had recently affirmed that prayer “is the weapon against the Great Accuser who ‘goes around the world seeking to accuse.’ Only prayer can defeat him.”
Pope Francis also encourages that we end the Rosary with the recitation of the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel, composed by Pope Leo XII. Prayer to St. Michael is in the Notice Board.
- May I request the various groups in the parish to spend at least ten days in reciting the rosary together. Few families can come together and pray. Already some SCC groups are having such gatherings. On the last Sunday of October we will have a Rosary procession after evening Mass.
- The Parish Office will remain closed from this Wednesday to Friday. The Office and Church staffs are going on a pilgrimage to Kerala.
- Sunday School children will have Mass in the church today. After the Mass there will be class for First Holy Communion students in the rooms next to Parish Office.
- The Society of St Vincent de Paul is having a special collection today outside the church for their work of charity for the poor of this parish. Kindly support them with your generous contribution.
Fr. Paul P., C.Ss.R.
Wednesday, October 10, 2018